PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis
Protects epidermal stem cells against UV damage
A Revolutionary Technology to Protect Skin Stem Cells against UV-induced Aging PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis is a powder based on the stem cells of a rare red-flesh grape tolerant to strong UV radiation.
UV radiation is responsible for 80 % of face aging. Despite the use of sun filters, toxins and oxidants are generated by UV in the skin. This affects the most sensitive cells such
as the epidermal stem cells which are rare and essential. Thus, their protection against UV stress is of great importance. A rare grape cultivar of Gamay was selected.
Stem cells from this cultivar were obtained using our PhytoCellTec™ technology and were then incorporated in a water-soluble powder. These grape stem cells contain special epigenetic factors and metabolites which are able to protect human skin stem cells against UV radiation.
Using a novel Progenitor Cell Targeting technology, PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis was shown to:
• help the skin stem cells to maintain their stem cell characteristics
• protect these precious cells against UV-induced stress.
Besides, a clinical study showed the capacity of Phyto-CellTec™ Solar Vitis to increase the tolerance of the skin to UV. PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis can thus protect both the skin
and the epidermal stem cells against the stresses induced by UV, the main aging factor.
Claim Ideas for PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis
• Protects skin stem cells against UV stress
• Increases the skin’s UV tolerance
• Fights photo-aging
• For a vital and healthy-looking skin
• Advanced “stem cell cosmetic” formulas
• Face and body care to protect the most valuable skin cells, the stem cells
• Daily skin care to prevent photo-aging
Formulating with PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis
• Recommended use level: 0.4 – 1 %
• Incorporation: Dissolve PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis into the aqueous phase or add pre-solved, during the cooling phase (<60 °C). PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis is dissolvable at up to 20 % in water.
• Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 60 °C for a short time do not affect the stability of PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis.
INCI / CTFA-Declaration
Vitis vinifera (Grape) Fruit Cell Extract (and) Isomalt (and) Lecithin (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Aqua / Water
• PhytoCellTec™ Solar Vitis contains 50 % of Solar Vitis stem cell extract